Guys guys guys!! I think it was two years ago when I stumbled across a recipe on Pinterest for truffles. I was looking for some very Christmassy recipes and – I found it!!
SOo, for the past two years I have made this recipe every Christmas and often when it isn’t even because they’re so damn good and so so easy to make!
– Oreos (I tend to use 5-6 packets – the $2 ones from Coles and Woolworths are perfect!)
– Cream cheese (I use two of the 250g ones in the pots)
– Peppermint extract
– Optional; candy canes, melting chocolate (literally any – milk, dark, white)
That’s literally ALL YOU NEED!
1. Crush all of the Oreos. I find the easiest way to do this is in a food processor/blender. I do 3 packets and then the remaining ones.
2. After that, add the cream cheese! There’s no specific amount of how much to use, I put about 3/4 of a tub for the three packets. I mix it with a spoon a little bit which is extremely difficult, so then move on to hand beaters to fully combine the Oreos and cream cheese together.
3. Then do the other half of Oreos and cream cheese.
4. Combine it all and add a splash of peppermint extract. It really depends how minty you want them, I find if I pour some into the little lid cap, that usually does the trick. Of course it also depends on how many you’re making – the larger the mix, the more extract.
This is how the mix should look!
5. Roll all the balls!! I usually do mine about the size I make cookies!
6. Melt some chocolate and drizzle it onto the little truffles. This is where you can get a bit creative and crush some candy canes or leftover Oreos onto the top of the chocolate. You can even fully coat the truffles, I just find that its easier to drizzle and you get the full taste.
That is literally all there is to this recipe guys! Literally the easiest thing everrr! Tag me in some pics on insta if you make some too – @livewithchloe or #livewithchloexmas. Have a great day xx