Hello everyone! I’ve gotten a ton more new followers lately and I’m all for new people and beginnings. I wanted to do a bit more of a reintroduction to who I am, what I do and why I do it. Blogging for me can get really tough as I’m full time in school and have a casual job as well, so any and all feedback is welcome, and also recommendations for different blog posts!
1. I’m a blogger and photographer! I originally had a photography account just for fun, but also loved writing so wanted to start blogging. I thought it would be the perfect combination for someone likes me who loves writing and photography as well. I now do photography and make some extra cash from it by doing portraits and product shooting for different brands. I’ve already worked with some amazing people which I love.
2. I suffer from mental health. From a few years ago, I started majorly struggling with anxiety and minor depression which I still am coping with now. I’m a big advocate for mental health which is super important to me. I’m actually in the process of writing a post about mental health and ways to deal with it/unwind from a stressful day, so stick around for that! I still have days and weeks where I find it really difficult to deal BUT also have periods of time where I’m great. I’m always happiest on holidays (even at home), at the beach, with loved ones, and with a good book in hand.
3. I LOVE reading! Fun fact: I actually used to have an account all for books and reading and met some amazing people from that. It lasted from probably about a year, but soon realised it started to feel like a chore to keep up with it which I really disliked. Some of my fav books ever is anything by Sarah J Maas. – Throne of Glass and A Court of Thorns and Roses is amazing! The Cruel Price by Holly Black is an amazing duology which I only read this year but loved too! And Harry Potter is of course a classic. Essentially I like anything fantasy but also love a good contemporary read as well.
4. I’m very creative. I find photography to be my main outlet of creativity but also enjoy journaling/scrapbooking and painting. For me it’s a great way to release emotions yet also feel very inspired. Travel for me also helps with this – it allows me to continue to be inspired as I love photographing and painting places in particular. Sunsets and sunrises to me are SO beautiful!!
5. I also enjoy creative writing. I quite enjoy writing stories and doing creative writing too. Ive started writing a mini novel too but don’t work on it too much – only in my spare time.
6. Finally, I’m super lazy. In my spare time you’ll find my lying in bed or on a couch with a good book and a good Netflix show. Of course in pyjamas as well. I love being comfy and lounging around which is my absolute favourite way to unwind.
Hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about me! Leave anything in the comments, feedback, requests, book suggestions perhaps? 🙂